2014-03-29 Atlantic Indoor Association Championships
Wakefield High School and Dorton Arena – Raleigh, NC
Congratulations to our winterguard programs for their fine season on the Atlantic Indoor Association circuit. Our band program sponsors the Lil’ Hawks (elementary), Junior Hawks (middle), and Hawks (high). The Lil’ Hawks won the GOLD medal at the circuit championships on March 29, in the elementary division. The Hawks won the SILVER medal at the same championships in the high school division Regional A2 class.
2014-03-24 & 03-26 Central District Music Performance Adjudication
Franklinton High School – Franklinton, NC
Wind Ensemble received an EXCELLENT rating in level VI at the Music Performance Adjudication at Franklinton HS. They received a Superior in Sight-Reading.
Symphonic Band received a SUPERIOR rating in level IV at the Music Performance Adjudication at Franklinton HS. They also received a Superior in Sight-Reading. The Symphonic Band earned this in their first year participating at MPA.
We’re very proud of their accomplishment. This marks the 8th time in school history that an HSHS Band has received a Superior Rating at a MPA event.
2014-03-08 All-State Honor’s Band East Davidson High School
Congratulations to David Eastley, who earned the 4th chair seat in the North Carolina All-State 11/12 Honor’s Band on horn. He will perform in concert at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Sunday, May 4. This marks the 8th straight year, that Holly Springs High School has had a representative in an All-State Band. He is only the 5th student to ever achieve All-State status in our eight year history.
2014-02-21 NC Bandmasters Association Central All-District Bands
Congratulations to the following individuals who represented Holly Springs High School this weekend, at the 2014 North Carolina Bandmasters Association Central All-District Bands. The event was held February 21-22 at Asheboro High School. We had eight members selected this year, the most in school history. The 11/12 Wind Ensemble was under the direction of Dr. John LaCognata, Director of Bands at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. The 9-12 Symphonic Band was under the direction of Mr. Tom Jenner, 2012 Central District Award of Excellence Winner and Band Director at Wendell Middle School.
|David Eastley||3rd Chair Horn||11/12 Wind Ensemble|
|Andy Brooks||3rd Chair Snare||11/12 Wind Ensemble|
|Jamin Coleman||4th Chair Snare||11/12 Wind Ensemble|
|Ryan Wing||1st Chair Clarinet||9-12 Symphonic Band|
|Othmane Jadi||9th Chair Clarinet||9-12 Symphonic Band|
|Mary Gaughan||7th Chair Trumpet||9-12 Symphonic Band|
|Tyler Stephenson||12th Chair Trumpet||9-12 Symphonic Band|
|Matt Brooks||2nd Chair Mallets||9-12 Symphonic Band|
2013-10-19 Central District Marching Band MPA
Central District Marching Band Music Performance Adjudication was held at Fuquay-Varina HS.
The Golden Hawks Regiment became the 1st marching band from the Central District to earn an overall SUPERIOR rating.
2013-10-19 Fuquay-Varina Festival of Bands
The 25th Annual Fuquay-Varina Festival of Bands was held in Fuquay-Varina, NC
- AAA 4th Place (7th overall/17 bands) – 88.9 SUPERIOR
- AAA 3rd Place Music Individual – SUPERIOR
- AAA 5th Place Music Ensemble – SUPERIOR
- AAA 3rd Place Tie Music Effect – SUPERIOR
- AAA 4th Place Visual Performance – EXCELLENT
- AAA 3rd Place Visual Effect – SUPERIOR
- AAA 1st Place Percussion – SUPERIOR (3rd highest score of the day)
- AAA 2nd Place Guard – SUPERIOR (3rd highest score of the day)
- Drum Major Caption not awarded
2013-10-12 West Johnston Invitational
The 10th Annual West Johnston Invitational was held in Benson, NC.
- AAA 4th Place (7th Overall/25 Bands) – 88.3 SUPERIOR
- AAA 2nd Place Music Individual – SUPERIOR
- AAA 2nd Place Music Ensemble – SUPERIOR
- AAA 4th Place Music Effect – SUPERIOR
- AAA 2nd Place Tie Visual Performance – EXCELLENT
- AAA 5th Place Visual Effect – EXCELLENT
- AAA 1st Place Percussion – SUPERIOR
- AAA 3rd Place Drum Major – EXCELLENT
- AAA Guard – EXCELLENT
2013-09-28 Cleveland Critique and Competition
The 3rd Annual Cleveland Critique and Competition was held in Clayton, NC.
- AAAA 4th Place (5th Overall/16 Bands) – 86.5 – SUPERIOR
- AAAA 3rd Place Tie Music Individual – SUPERIOR
- AAAA 4th Place Music Ensemble – SUPERIOR
- AAAA 4th Place Music Effect – EXCELLENT
- AAAA 4th Place Visual Performance – EXCELLENT
- AAAA 4th Place Visual Effect – SUPERIOR
- AAAA 4th Place Percussion – EXCELLENT
- AAAA 4th Place Guard – SUPERIOR
- Drum Major Awarded not awarded