Announcements for Day 58
Quote – Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato
On this Date – On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln boards a train for Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to deliver a short speech at the dedicationof a cemetery of soldiers killed during the battle there on July 1 to July 3, 1863. The address Lincoln gave in Gettysburg became one of the most famous speeches in American history.
- Fruit Paper Orders are due TODAY. If you need the weekend, please let me know, but absolutely no orders will be accepted after Tuesday. Please remember to turn in the white copies and check or money order. NO CASH, NO CASH, NO CASH. I have still had a few turn in orders this week with cash. We do not accept cash. Also, PLEASE remember to put your name as the salesperson. Almost every order given to me this week, did not have this done. It’s the only way to accurately credit your account.
2. Online Sales end on Tuesday. For these you can designate your name on the order submit page. The online option is only available for out of state sales.
- Progress Reports will be distributed on Monday. The chromatic scale test will be moved to Monday as well. I will update rehearsal skills, and Powerschools will have the most up to date information.
- Those going to the Heritage game as part of the 10 member pep band, please remember your stand tunes from the containers by the stands. Game starts at 7:30. It takes approximately 1 hour to get to Heritage. Thanks for supporting the Hawks in this unofficial capacity. It would be nice for you to be there prior to the National anthem which will be around 715. Cheer loudly, Root the team on, but do not play when the ball is in play. Listen for those whistles.
- Disney payment of $100 due. Please check your invoices carefully. We have several that have not paid their marching band balance which was due a month ago. All $’s collected always goes to pay old debt first. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Sabatelli or Mrs. Scott for more info. or questions.
- Support the theatre program this weekend if you can. James and the Giant Peach was one of my favorite books when I was growing up. If you’ve never seen a HSTC production, you are missing out. They are really good.
- Parade rehearsal is on Monday from 2:30-4. We had several miss unexcused today. Please remember to let us know if you will be out.